Copywriters live and work behind the scenes, but in the thick of the marketing process. Here are just a few things copywriters do to put your products and services prominently in view for your best audience:
Our friends assume that writers write. Period. We do write, but not without preparation. Excellent communication begins with study. So we …
- Learn about your industry. You live and work in your industry every day. You have amassed experience, made difficult decisions, and achieved success. We can’t replicate that in the brief time available to produce a project for you, but we can study your industry. We want to know what you do and the challenges you face. We want to know the things a leader in your space knows. We also want to know what that leader does.
- Learn about your competitors. As a point of comparison, we’ll ask you to identify your competitors. How are they doing? What are they doing? Are they outperforming you? We’ll look at the ways they interact with their clients and the messages they are sending. We’ll also look at their marketing results.
Communicate in Words & Images
- Email campaigns. Use copywriters to create intentional, regular email reminders that you are available to your contacts. Thank them for visiting your website. Invite honest opinions of what you provided them. Tell them about new products and services you are offering. Report on changes or trends in your industry. Offer them ways to improve how they are doing business.
- Web content. Improve your ranking in web searches. Be more findable. Use copywriters to create informative content that makes you the expert. Use your interactions to broaden your list of contacts and prospects.
- Social media. Reinforce your expertise with social media. Copywriters develop crisp, useful posts that point people to your website for more information.
- Case studies. Tell people what you’ve done. Case studies answer their questions with the same well-crafted response every time. Use copywriters to create case studies that assure readers you have already solved the problems they face.
- White papers. White papers identify problems to promote solutions. Highlight issues your prospects and clients wrestle with. Show that you understand. Let them know you have studied a variety of options. Suggest ways to resolve their dilemmas. And position yourself to be top of mind when they seek assistance.
- The images you use reinforce what you say. Many copywriters are also strong visual communicators. Even when they are not, they usually have access to accomplished web designers and graphic artists who can work with you to send the right visual message to support your words.
Copywriters do many different things, and a few of them involve writing! A good copywriter works very hard to understand you, your challenges (and challengers), your industry, and your audience.
If you have questions about copywriting and the difference professionally written text can make in your communications, contact us at Litearra.com. Leave us a note. We look forward to extending the conversation until your questions are answered.